Labels

Friday 27 September 2019

Growth Mindset

I've recently learned of Growth Mindset, researched by Carol Dweck. The research focuses on what goes on in the mindset of students. I feel like this would have some relevance to me as well as the majority of students in general. Dwecks studies display that students are a bit much in the comfort zone in which they get praise for very easy tasks and she adds on that students should strive for a challenge as the new comfort zone in which they can feel better when they get challenging achievements.
When it comes to learning new things, it takes me a while to adapt to them and sometimes even the easy ones too. I often wonder if my learning difficulties have any connections to wether or not that I have been getting praise for some of the easier bits of work and if so, I hope this course will help me understand the challenging tasks better. I may not be so great when it comes to a challenging task but I would still want to try it if necessary and if I get help for doing so, I would prefer not to get much praise for finishing the task.
I'm sure that throughout the current year I will be learning more about Growth Mindset and learn more about what makes a challenging task challenging.
My personal goal in this year is to be able to see what its like for a game designer working on unity from a basic level and if it goes well for me, then I will consider looking for a career involving game design.
A sample of using Growth Mindset in video games would be something like a difficulty setting in which the playing on easy mode would feel like a walk in the park for a number of people. Generally people choosing this mode would be either people who haven't had much experience playing video games or just wants to experience the flow of the progression in a simple manner. Then there are those who choose a higher difficulty, mainly people who want their comfort zone to be challenging and feel like they've accomplished something worth the praise they've desired.

Relentless Fortitude (@RelentlessFort1), "Tweet message", 27th September 2019,  3:28 am 

No comments:

Post a Comment