Labels

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Time Strategies

While I'm not the best at time management (far from it actually), I have been debating it over my head in how I should manage my schedules for this module and being able to complete my tasks. for now I've decided to dedicate myself for at least 2 hours each day and if I don't have any busy times I will put more hours into working on my tasks. In addition there are also the extra credits options to consider when having free time to work on.
A brainstorm chart of time management
Source:Flickr

One of the provided example articles I have read regarding Time management is "11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time" by Áine Cain. The article goes on to describe the importance of making and planning schedules and importantly, the effects of what happens if you don't plan or at least keep up with a schedule. One of the points mentioned in the article is that it's easy to get distracted and I feel that applies to me as well as I sometimes constantly look around as an example. It's similar to procrastinating in a way which is also mentioned in the list. One of the suggested strategies in dealing with procrastination is to find some form of motivation to help get the task done. Quite often time managing problems usually involve failing to get the task done, but sometimes it involves doing too much work to the point that you would get too stressed to deal with the following task. Most importantly in this article, it mentions on how its important to set goals and deadlines in order to make sure the task is going at a steady pace.
I've read one more article and it's called "Realistic Study Plans" by Amanda Collins. This article discusses about how to manage your time some recommended solutions on how to organize a study schedule. The first step mentioned is about how you go about your daily routine while the next step discusses about how to slot in your study plans. After that, it talks about how long these study plans should take. Some example shown in the article would say "Research (4 hours), Write essay plan (2 hours),  write introduction (1 hour)" and etc. After fulfilling those tasks, they should be marked with a tick to show that it has been complete. Sometimes it is recommended to use a study planner put somewhere where you know you'll see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment